Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I represent a Canadian Independent documentary company. We are in the very early stages of doing research for a film about Pigeons. I thought it would be helpful to get some advice from the community. I would really appreciate your input and thoughts on the following.

Is there a can’t miss event, a race, a convention or another event of interest.

Are there any experts in any aspect of the field who would be ‘the person’ to talk to?

Are there any books, magazines or website that absolutely must be read to help understand pigeons.

Lastly are there any stories that should be told that the public doesn’t know about.

Since we are located in Toronto, Canada, anything local would be of extra interest, but any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
10,372 Posts
I represent a Canadian Independent documentary company. We are in the very early stages of doing research for a film about Pigeons. I thought it would be helpful to get some advice from the community. I would really appreciate your input and thoughts on the following.

Hi reeltime,

This is like asking for input about 'Canada', for making a film about Canada.

Lol...

Nothing not to like, but, a subject far larger than the passing attention of people who imagine their glance, is the width or breath of it.

Is there a can’t miss event, a race, a convention or another event of interest.

Yes...I'm sure...

Pigeon Shows, would be good to see, also..."Show Pigeons"...

Are there any experts in any aspect of the field who would be ‘the person’ to talk to?
Probably...

It's a big field though.

Rupert Sheldrake also...though not an expert in Pigeons per-se, has researched their Homing ability, to the embarassment of many scientists who wished to dismiss it with crude non-science gambits of non-explaination.

Are there any books, magazines or website that absolutely must be read to help understand pigeons.

Few to none which would directly have insight...probably none.

Breeding, Show Birds, Racing..."yes"...other aspects and dimensions, "no".

Lastly are there any stories that should be told that the public doesn’t know about.

The whole thing of feral Pigeons being said to carry 'disease' is a lie ( which began as a marketing scheme for 'pest control' companies to try and up their business).

Domestic Cats pose a hundred thousand times more risk of meaningful illness being transmitted to humans.

Since we are located in Toronto, Canada, anything local would be of extra interest, but any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Not long ago, a Pigeon I had helped out for something, who was in the pre-release free-fly area, where my Office was also located.,,showed me something interesting.

I was at my desk, doing some Computer Work, and, he flies over to the table a few feet from me, and, begins 'Mooing' to me.

I pause, ask him "Why are you Mooing to me?"

He pauses...raises himself up tall, then, leans over, pretending to drink imaginary Water...then, resumes a normal stance, looking at me.

I ask "Oh, you kiddos out of Water?"

And, I get up to go check the Waterers, and, sure enough, they are dry.

I did not know this Bird, far as having been pals or chums or anything more than some routine Meds and Cage convelescence time however many weeks before.

Yet, he objectified in careful specific pantomime, the information-message he wanted me to know.

I went and got the Waterers scrubbed, and, re-filled.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts