Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i guess not,in n.y. a hoople is net we use to train homers to buck in and other pigeon fanciers use it to catch stays.it's a snowshoe shaped piece of 1/2 inch bamboo frame.the netting is weaved to it in 1inch by 2 inch rectangular boxes.the tention on the 3/16 sting for the netting is loose enough that if you put your hand against it it would only move to the thickness of the birds body so the bird can not open it's wings and get injured.it also helps guide young and old through the bobs when training or you just want them to go in.you should always leave it in sight of the birds so they get use to it and does not spook them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI FIRST TIMER,THEY ARE HARD TO COME BY.BUT I THINK MY DOD MIGHT HAVE AN EXTRA ONE I'LL RENET IT FOR YOU.YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO LET ME KNOW HOW TO GET IT TO YOU.BUT FIRST LET ME SEE IF I COULD GET MY HANDS ON ONE.I THOUGHT I WOULD OF GOT MORE HITS ON THE TOPIC,BUT I GUESS IT IS A N.Y. THING.I HAVE NOT YET EVEN SEEN THEM IN THE PIGEON CATALOGS.

·
Registered
169 Posts
hey guys theres a place near me on long island called friend of a feather that sells hooples if you want ill get the cost and find out the shipping i dont think there expensive there on horseblock road about a half mile south of the 495

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi george,that's why this site is so great.i've been getting used ones and renetting them please let me know how much.i also piked up a pair of blondnets today my fathers friend gave them to me.still have the word out for that yellow you wanted,that was a cock bird you're looking for?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts