Pigeon-Talk banner

does anyone keep ducks?

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  spirit wings 
#1 ·
does anyone keep ducks? if so what breed ect:D

#2 · (Edited)
#5 ·
Truecolorsloft, if I had more Crested ducks I'd give ya some babies :D But Tippy's my only one :( I need to get him some girlfriends.

Telessa, Cayugas are so pretty! I love those iridescent feathers. And I wish I had some real geese. We have Canadians that come down here to nest on the island in our pond. Now they're gone, and the hawks are back. Luckily we do have three geese decoys someone was going to throw out. Now all I need to do is paint'em up and put them out for the hawks to see ;)

#9 ·
Well, I rescue ducks, so I usually have some here ..

At the moment a Mama Muscovy and her six ducklings .. A Mama Pekin and her 9 ducklings .. 7 miscellaneous (meaning all came in from different places) older ducklings .. all Pekins but one which is a Tuxedo, an elder Pekin, three almost grown Pekin females, my personal pet (Mr. Nibbles - huge Muscovy drake), two itty bitty Pekin ducklings, a foster care duck (Sprinkles), a rescue from the duck pond (Rouen), and a handsome brown male with severe bumblefoot that came in from Animal Control a couple of days ago.

Terry

#16 ·
Love your photos Grim!
The ringed-teal are amazing birds, they have the most beautiful call. Please share some photos of your Egyptian geese.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.