Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
wow,dolly is some bird!shes sweet!its amazing how birds and animals are so theraputic for people who are unwell ,it looks like dolly cheered up the folks at the nursing home,they all had big smiles and bet they had great fun!dolly is a star!

·
Registered
813 Posts
What a GREAT GREAT Idea.... I used to volunteer for many years at the nursing home, and I can attest that they enjoy EVERY visit they get... How wonderful are you........... What a great way to make someones day!!!!!!! Dolly looks like she was giving out kisses too.....how TWEET!

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
Bless you! I used to take my Possum to nursing homes and the people just loved him. Once, a lady cried when I took him away so we could leave. We stayed a bit longer that day.
I love the pictures. Clearly you gave those folks a bit of sunshine.

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
WELL DONE, Licha!!

You and Dolly were certainly HITS!!

What a great experience for you both! And, of course, the ladies and gentlemen certainly had a great time!

BTW, for those who do NOT know, Alice (aka Licha) is an expert/outstanding fiddle player!!

I can attest to this, having, personally, heard her play!

How's the flying going? Any playing dates coming up?

As always, wishing you ALL THE BEST!!

Love, Hugs and Scritches

Shi/Squeaks/Dom/Gimie/Woe :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Great job, Alice! Dolly is an adorable ambassador and you are a true credit to the human race. :D

It is great to do things that we might think are small that could mean the whole world to someone else.

Bill B.

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Wonderful pics. It's so great ot see the smiles on the people holding Dolly. She is a beautiful, well behaved bird.

Reti

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow! Thank you all for the sweet comments! I enjoyed the people immensely: it was the most fun that I had had in ages!
I went back to the nursing home yesterday. There are some new pictures added to the album. The 3rd and 4th rows are the new pictures:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2021086&id=1369350944&l=542855cce0

Dolly looks like she was giving out kisses too.....how TWEET!
Yes, she does that sometimes... when she's in the mood. lol

Once, a lady cried when I took him away so we could leave. We stayed a bit longer that day.
I was planning on going there for 30 minutes.
I ended up staying for an hour and a half. I enjoyed it SO much!

How's the flying going? Any playing dates coming up?
I'm not able to fly right now. :( My plans are to get my instrument rating in Oklahoma when I go in August... I can't wait!

I haven't been performing anywhere. I usually just play locked up in my room right now. :) There aren't many people to play with here...

Alice, thank you for sharing these wonderful pictures. The joy on all the dear faces says it all. Dolly was a star and a very well behaved one at that! :)
She never ceases to amaze me with her good behavior!

Very well done Alice and Dolly! Many thanks to the both of you for being the wonderful beings that you are!!

Terry

PS: Check Dolly's upper beak .. might need a trim!!
Thank you for telling me! I trimmed it some. It is the very first beak I've ever trimmed :eek:. Will you look at the new pictures and tell me if it was enough, please??

It is great to do things that we might think are small that could mean the whole world to someone else.

Bill B.
I'm saving that as one of my favorite quotes...

Licha

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Dolly loves to go for car rides and she just LOVES to sun herself. She thinks that anytime and anyplace is a good time and place to sun herself. Many times one can be walking with her on his hand and the next thing he knows, she's sitting down sunning herself on his hand as he walks. It's a favorite pastime of hers...

This picture was taken just before we went to the nursing home.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Alice,

What a wonderful thing to do with Dolly. You can tell from the expressions on the resident's faces that she brought joy to them. Thank you for sharing her with them and the experience with us.

Margaret

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.