Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went out to the piigeon coop and one of my baby pigeons its about 2and a half weeks old feel out of the nest and was atacked really bad. its is completely scalped and its eye is hanging out. i really dont think that it will be alive for much longer and i want to but it out of its misery. what should i dooo???

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Please don't "put it out of its misery", things may look bad but are probably not as bad for him as they seem to you.

I have a pigeon that was scalped and had lost her eyelid, she is fine now. I also have a pigeon that lost his eye to a hawk. Pigeons are adaptable and survivors.

Take it inside, put it on a heat pad somewhere dark and quiet. I will e-mail Pidgey to come and have a look, he understands the healing process and will be able to help you.

Cynthia

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he fell from a next box and walked into someone elses nest and that bird atacked him reallyyy bad you can see bone and everything. so no the parents dident protect him and i dont no about them feeding him i brang him in the house he is so bad. you cant even tell its a pigeon. this is killing me seeing him like this i really dont think anyone would be able to save him and it wouldent be worth the pain to even try.

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Just be patient and give the little one a chance. It is probably not suffering anywhere near as much as you are.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea im so sadd you cant even tell its a pigeon its whole body is bacically scalped and all you see is flesh or bone. :(

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Have you got any antibacterial cream? Or KY gel?

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
I'm really sorry. That's an awful thing to have to go through. For both you and the baby.
Do you have a board across the bottom of the boxes so they don't get out so easily? If not, you need to run a board maybe 2 inches high across the front of each box.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I know I am going to be attacked for this, but I will say it anyway.

Sometimes animals (and humans) need to be put down mercifully.

Every animal, be it a dog, pigeon or a human, has to go sometime. That sometime can be when the animal is vicious or really really badly injured. Same goes for humans, vicious or badly injured.

I am all for doing everything possible to save a life. But I am not for prolonging agony, just to look like a good person in the eyes of those around me. My father died from colon cancer. He was bed ridden for a month and could not even roll over. Every day for that month, he begged me to leave his pills next to his bed, so that he could take them and commit suicide. He also begged me to leave my gun on his table, next to his bed. That was in 1984. I didn't do it. Because of religious reasons and because I was a police officer and it could have ruined me.

I have regretted not doing that for him, every day since then.

Every day.

Regardless of the potential consequences, I should have done it. He would have done it for me, and I hope my son will do it for me, when and if the time comes.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Well, I for one am not going to attack you. I agree with you.

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
I am so sorry that the pigeon died , but thank you for giving it a chance. And thank you, Pidgey, for responding so quickly.

Feefo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts