Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i was out with my frends and i found a baby dove i had all ite feathers just it cold not fly so i put it in the bush as if i took it home i would have no ware to keep it

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Hello and Welcome,

Thank you for your concern over this baby.

Did you happen to see if mom and/or dad was anywhere near? It should be fine if it is flying and safe from predators.

I appreciate you posting and do keep an eye on the baby. If there is any doubt as to its safety please update.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
today i was out with my frends and i found a baby dove i had all ite feathers just it cold not fly so i put it in the bush as if i took it home i would have no ware to keep it
If he's unable to fly, possibly just not old enough and needs a little more 'growing' time, placing him under the bushes isn't going to keep him safe from predators, as he will not be able to escape.

Cindy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it was a collerd dove i would of took it home but when i was little my mum got pidgon lung as we rescued ferals so i did not want to take it home a dont no if its mome or dad was about

·
Registered
875 Posts
maybe it was learning to fly,they can become disorientated when 1st flying,if hes there and distressed,i understand you cant keep him,,get in touch with MIDDLEBANK RESCUE CENTRE,they can advise you on the dove and if hes injured they can sort him out and rehab him,ill follow with number

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.