Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got to go into my local loft after trying to trace owner for a week or 2!we met up yesterday and luckily,my daughter was off school so she came along too,the guy could not have been more kind and helpful,,he took us round and showed us the pigeons,,they are mostly blue bars,there are 18 adults and 10 adorable squabs,,yasmine was helping clean out the squabs and took a shine to 2 sweet fortnight old babies,we were shown a cock bird sitting on eggs,dint go to close as we didnt want to upset him,yasmine was shown how to hold a pigeon and release him,the guy just keeps his late friends birds for fun,he doesnt race them in competitions,he just loves having them round and said he would be delighted if we joined in and helped him with the pigeons,which is great!he said it was refreshing to see a youngster so into pigeons,and wishes his grandkids had the interest,we came away with some dummy eggs,some grit in pots,some rings,which he gave yasmine,he gave us lots of information and all in all had a great day,turns out he used to work with my father in law and knows all my husbands family,small world!the loft has a nice wee garden bit which looks out over the river with fab veiws,its great to be able to go down(2 mins from home)and help out,the pigeons were all pretty friendly and not shy at all,will keep ya all posted when we go back (sat,as im working fri and sat is day off)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
That is just great, so nice how pigeons can bring folks together,:) would love to see pics if the view and the loft.:)

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will get some pics,,we had great fun,,yasmine is taking some of her pigeon stuff for "show and tell" at school.its nice to learn more about pigeons,,,all in all they are cool,when we got home,,we done evening feed with our flock and lo n behold we had a visitor!a red bar racer who came for a feed and soem water,thought she(its a she,judging by all the male attention she was getting)would be on her way,,she was back today,so gonna try and trap her tommorow and fin dout where she comes from

1 - 3 of 3 Posts