Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any of you familiar with Dr Lamberton? I see he has an 09 double inbred grandson of Golden Mattens on Ipigeon for a starting bid of $250. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Don.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man am I excited. I just got off the phone with Chic Brooks of Happyco Lofts, and he is going to put together a kit of youngsters for me. I had no idea that he has Dream Boy from Oak Haven Farms, and children from Senna, and Bandit. And the best thing, he is only 70 miles from my place.

·
Registered
628 Posts
How about Golden Mattens? Do any of you have any birds related, and if so, what is your opinion of them? Thanks, Don.
Don, Not to put down the Golden Mattens but I have 3 breeders that are direct children from "SIR Mattens" a son of the Golden pair and they do not breed as well as some of my other lines. I will be getting rid of them at the end of this breeding season for these reasons. Personally I will not be bringing anymore of this bloodline in.
Having said this, all lines have good and bad and I may have ended up with ones that were not that good of breeders. They were never flown but bred for stock and this was one of my "newbie" mistakes.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Don, Forgot to mention the Senna lines. WOW is all I can say. The ones I have are fantastic breeders. I have 2 direct daughters off of De Senna (NL 91-2020650). They produce multiple diploma winners every year and their children are producing in the breeders loft as well.
Ken

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comeback. Direct children off of De Senna is impressive. He told me that Senna was sent to LA a few years ago after he quit breeding, and passed away down there.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Thanks for the comeback. Direct children off of De Senna is impressive. He told me that Senna was sent to LA a few years ago after he quit breeding, and passed away down there.
I had De Senna when he passed away at the age of 16. He was retired from Hapyco Lofts to me and lived here with his mate, Serena, until he passed. Serena passed about two weeks after De Senna. Check the Hall Of Love forum .. you will find them there with their band #'s.

De Senna: http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f36/de-senna-nl-1991-2020650-1991-july-30-2007-a-22010-3.html

Serena: http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f36/goodbye-serena-au-1991-ftv-13358-1991-august-11-2007-a-22209.html

Terry

·
Registered
628 Posts
Terry, You are a very lucky person indeed to have had the pleasure of getting to care for De Senna in his latter years. Not many people get a chance to get personal with a bird of this quality. His daughters are spitting images of him. Was he a passive and easy going pigeon? Just wondering where his daughters get this characteristic from.
Ken

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Terry, You are a very lucky person indeed to have had the pleasure of getting to care for De Senna in his latter years. Not many people get a chance to get personal with a bird of this quality. His daughters are spitting images of him. Was he a passive and easy going pigeon? Just wondering where his daughters get this characteristic from.
Ken
De Senna was a very calm, gentle, and laid back pigeon during his time with me and was totally devoted to his mate, Serena, and she to him. He truly was a grand old pigeon.

Terry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.