Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after looking at all the post on types of drop traps, I've decided to go with the drop style and a hinged door to close it off when not in use. My question is what is the absolute minimum spacing so Rollers can fit thru but discourage cats? Any help will be appreciated. I'll let you know how it comes out, this is my weekend project. And by the way you are all right....you just can't have one loft. I'm only into 9 birds now and have begun the third loft to include an aviary.........Never thought I'd get this deep this fast.
Randy:eek:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Randy,

I'm wondering about this same thing actually. I'm starting to think that it might be best to simply measure your birds and add a little. See if the number makes sense, and try it. Just a thought.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
If the birds can get through it, so can a cat, amongst other predators. You can't make it small enough to keep a cat out and still let the bird pass through.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks RodSD. That's what I thought. Noticed on another thread it was mentioned that 4.25" was used. Close enough.

I've been looking at my cats and thinking about what they can fit into. 4" would not be small enough. I'm sure they would squeeze through that. Especially if there was lunch on the other side. That would be why I intend to make sure the trap is well above the ground and nothing is can be used to climb in. Those cat proof traps are interesting...

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Would the trap at the end of the link work? The one that uses those plastic white things?

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Yes, it does work Gurbir. Those are pvc 45 degree pipe. It is popular in that roller forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts