Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just found out about droppers.... so what kind of pigeons is best for dropper, what kind can be dropper?

what do ya think?

G

·
birds that dont fly well make good droppers , alot of people use oriental frills and other types of owl breeds such as german owls ;)

G

·
skycutters are a flying breed and wouldnt be good for droppers , you need to find a breed thats not known for flying . do some research on the web for breeds used for droppers .

·
Registered
414 Posts
i got 2 of them and they are super cut, hen and a cock...however i dont know what kind they are....they have feathers on there feet and and the feathers stick up on the back/top of there heads....they work good too...i only had mine for less than a week when first used them...they didnt want anything to with being outside of the loft....i was having problems with my YB's not wanting to land right way coming home from races and the droppers helped alot with that....still need to work somethings out but i would say they are worth it.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got 2 of them and they are super cut, hen and a cock...however i dont know what kind they are....they have feathers on there feet and and the feathers stick up on the back/top of there heads....they work good too...i only had mine for less than a week when first used them...they didnt want anything to with being outside of the loft....i was having problems with my YB's not wanting to land right way coming home from races and the droppers helped alot with that....still need to work somethings out but i would say they are worth it.
ok ......................

·
Registered
115 Posts
Fantails are good to use as droppers I like them as they have that deep Barratone coo which the young squeaks learn.I've just recently obtained a new cockbird and he coo's like a hen so I'm hoping he'll learn.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fantails are good to use as droppers I like them as they have that deep Barratone coo which the young squeaks learn.I've just recently obtained a new cockbird and he coo's like a hen so I'm hoping he'll learn.
they can learn the coo lol !!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts