Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone my birds have laid eggs and I don;t think they are going to haqtch should I remove them and have them start over. think it was to cold when they were laid.They have been sitting on them for 4 weeks now.Can anyone help me please.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
eggs not hatching

How do I check eggs to see if they are fertle I know they use to check with a candle I am not sure how to do it

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Hold the egg over a flashlight or up to a light- at 4 weeks it should be dark--maybe wait another 4-5 days if it is dark.,,if it is clear --it is no good. Let us know what you find. Eggs should hatch in 18 days --they are most likely BAD.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have checked the eggs and found 2 clear eggs on 1 pair of birds and 1 clear eggand 1 dark egg on the other pair. the 2nd pair havn't been sitting as long as the first pair so I will wait a little longer on them. Shoul I discard the first pairs eggs they are clear. If I do discard them will they lay again? They are such good parents

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
They will discard them when they are ready.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
If you discard them, they should lay again. Or you could just leave them til they tire of them and lay again. How long have the other pair been on their eggs?

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
OOps! Looks like we were posting at the same time! LOL.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think they have been on the eggs for about 3 Weeks she is very aggressive when I go in to check them wing slapping and pecking I'm excited for them now. I think I will discard the first pairs eggs soon so they can try again. thanks for all the help

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Eventually they would just lay again anyway. I hope the others will hatch. Please let us know.
Good luck!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thans to all for the help and thats a great website CHILAHGZ it really explains what to look for when candleing

·
Registered
51 Posts
you can know if they are firtiled or not after 4 days each egg only. hold it in front a flashlight and if you seen like red spider net in the yolk so it is fertiled if is it only egg yolk with no red vains in it so unfertiled ,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts