Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, my buddy goes to a local flea market and there is a guy there selling Egyptian Swifts. They are all colored the same. They have the same coloration as Cooper Hawks. The males are a lot larger than the hens and the males do resemble a Cooper Hawk.

The guy selling them is asking ten bucks a pair. He has about a hundred birds in cages. All look the same. My buddy barters him to two pair for ten bucks total. Then my buddy calls me and tells me he is going to give me one pair. I was already taking him some racing homers for a friend of his that is starting up with racing, so I went to his place to drop off the birds and pick up this pair he has for me.

Well....my buddy is 73 years old and he has this two pair of ES's in an off ground dog kennel. Separated from his homers until he is sure they have no diseases.

So far, everything is good. But he is trying to reach in the dog kennel door with a net to catch these birds for me. He only got them yesterday. I tell him that those birds are quicker than homers and they are going to get out. He says they won't. That he has been catching pigeons for over fifty years.

Well, sure enough. My friend catches a hen in the net and a cock bird gets out on him. Quicker than heck. I knew it was going to happen. I told him the only chance he has is to let his homers out and just maybe the wayward bird will get in with them. So he chases his homers out but the ES is no where to be found.

He then insists I take the other cock bird but I refuse and leave him with the pair. I take the lone hen.

We have a lead on someone who possibly has this guys phone number and we are trying to contact that person, so that we can contact the seller of these birds.

I didn't know much about ES's prior to this, but I have looked them up on the internet and have learned a little about them. I'm gonna get me a cock bird one way or another. But I want one that has the same coloration as my hen. They come in varying colors.

Almost had a good day. :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
It sounds like you have a good friend there.Pitty about the escapee though.Maybe he aint gone far and will drop in with his homers hopefully.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts