Pigeon-Talk banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
He is producing starvation droppings. You will need to feed him. But first check inside his beak and back of the throat for any unusual yellow cheesy or white growths. The beak must have a nice pinkish/reddish colour. Handfeed him green defrosted peas as I have explained. Start with 20 peas and when that gets digested (you will notice a change in the dropp

He is dying, he is starving.
kngs
Can I still save him?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Are you sure he was eating and swallowing the seeds and not just scattering them around? This is what droppings View attachment 103036 look like when they eat seeds.
I think its over, im pretty sure he was eating, and drinking. He doesn't golps, nor closes his peak. Im really sad I was trying to feed him. If just some ****ty vet was open those days or I insisted more in that he eats I think I could have save him.
He looked so peaceful tonight when I put him on the towel, like he finally felt a bit comfortable.

This is so bitter I genuinely was thinking adopting him.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
I'm sorry this happened to you. He either died from starvation, or was sick and the seeds he was eating was not digesting. Droppings are so important to look at, that tells a lot of the state a pigeon is in when found. Thanks for trying to help him.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
I'm sorry this happened to you. He either died from starvation, or was sick and the seeds he was eating was not digesting. Droppings are so important to look at, that tells a lot of the state a pigeon is in when found. Thanks for trying to help him.
I don't know, at first It appeared he was doing better, started eating I saw him do It in front of me. The worst thing is I was checking him the whole night and this early morning, and he was placidly sleeping and I woke him up just to check he was Alive multiple times. And he looked fine, until like at 12 pm, he started act weird.
Maybe if I reacted faster and forced him to eat bigger food like the peas he would survive...

Edit: Now that you say, in fact I think he started pooping more after eating...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I was thinking... Just to make it clear... Does starving have a point of no return? Im sure he ate, I saw and forced him... Do you think I could have save him or was already too late since the moment I found him?

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Yes, when found too late and too far gone it's most of the time impossible to save them. He was probably sick as well. All pigeon diseases can be cured with the right meds, identifying the disease without an avian vet is the hardest part. They can also starve with a crop filled with seeds if the seeds are not digesting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yes, when found too late and too far gone it's most of the time impossible to save them. He was probably sick as well. All pigeon diseases can be cured with the right meds, identifying the disease without an avian vet is the hardest part. They can also starve with a crop filled with seeds if the seeds are not digesting.
So sad, someone told me atleast I gave him some comfort in his last days instead of being afraid on the street. I hope he is right. If It didn't happen on a weekend I could have find a vet.
Thanks for trying to help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think its over, im pretty sure he was eating, and drinking. He doesn't golps, nor closes his peak. Im really sad I was trying to feed him. If just some ****ty vet was open those days or I insisted more in that he eats I think I could have save him.
He looked so peaceful tonight when I put him on the towel, like he finally felt a bit comfortable.

This is so bitter I genuinely was thinking adopting him.
Make sure his leg stays straight and him he’s in a very small confined area, it will heal in two weeks he will be able to start standing on it.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts