Pigeon-Talk banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yes, if more watery and the crop takes longer to empty. By the time one sees the white yeast inside the beak, then it has already progressed a lot. So just keep an eye on him for now.
Droppings have been very watery but he is drinking a lot. He poops very frequently and he is eating very well.
I'll give him 0.3ml Mycostatin before sleep time as a precaution. That was the dose he received as precaution a few years ago.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
0.1 ml for 8 days, this is day 4.

I know this is unrelated to the current post, my gray pigeon is currently molting, and although behaviour wise he is acting perfectly fine, I feel he is eating less and pooping less.
Is it a reason for concern?
Back to my Black Pigeon.
How do I know if my birds crop is not emptying? I continue worried, he is drinking a lot and his droppings are very watery.
At night he doesn't eat, he goes in the tray, I can tell he wants food but he just stares at it.
In the mornings he does eat...
He seemed better like 2 days ago... are the meds making him worse? I feel he is lowering in energy again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Back to my Black Pigeon.
How do I know if my birds crop is not emptying? I continue worried, he is drinking a lot and his droppings are very watery.
At night he doesn't eat, he goes in the tray, I can tell he wants food but he just stares at it.
In the mornings he does eat...
He seemed like getting better like 2 days ago... are the meds making him worse now? I feel he is lowering in energy again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Won't hurt to give the Mycostatin, just for in case. Remember to give on an empty crop, then wait half an hour and then let him eat. Give twice a day.
I'm giving it, he hates the Mycostatin though, its always a pain to give him, he like coughs or gets like gasping out even though I try to be careful to put it in his thoat so it doesn't go in his airways.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I know. I hate giving Nystatin to a bird. Must be awfull tasting.
These are his droppings overnight... they don't seem normal to me.
Though he drinks a lot of water, and when he eats in the morning he eats a lot of peas?... I don't know if they are actual peas but they look like peas, which may explain the light green look of the droppings.
He is acting fine and with energy, if it weren't for the droppings I wouldn't be much concerned.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Today will be the last day of the antibiotic... they are mostly back to their usual behavior of bitting me and taking over my room :p he was just mad I was messing with him.
His droppings still kinda weird but getting more ball shape like and less liquid...
At night my black pigeon is not eating much, I feel like he has trouble seeing the seeds in low light or something.
Anyway, they seem to be improving.
Marina B, thank you so much for the responses, they helped me keep my sanity, I really love these continually pooping birds :-S

Attachments

21 - 35 of 35 Posts