Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All but one pair of my breeders are raising their second round. Today one of the pair had laid an egg (third round) and I removed it and replaced it with a wooden egg. How old should the young be before the pair can be split and leave one of the pair to raise the young or should I leave them alone until the young are on their own? Also, if they can be split before the birds are weaned, which one would be best at raising the babys. Except for the pair that have raised only one round, I don't need any more young from these pairs.:confused:

George

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Renee. I guess will leave them with their parents until they are weaned and put them on dummy eggs. I have three pair in the breeding section that have young and one set of young (Grizzle Parents) are about ready to be on their own. They are eating and drinking on their own when I put them in the floor. Thanks for the info.

George

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.