Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Zephyr & Caman (fka "Equinox")

Atlantis' 1st (ever) egg hatched this morning while I was out in the loft feeding and visiting!! Hope to see the 2nd one tomorrow. She seems to be a good mom as she's been sitting almost 24/7 and she's already feeding the little one. Dad (Calypso) gives her about a 15 min. break 2x/day - other than that, HE is out cavorting with all the other girls while SHE is hard at work at home with the kids!!!

1 of the babies will be Zephyr (formerly "Equinox" as today is the first day of Spring...but I got overruled:rolleyes:).

And Polaris (Luna's mom & a Roller) and that handsome Capt. Jack (Roller x Oriental Frill) have built their nest and he's busy presenting her with tobacco stalks & chasing everyone else away - - - including Birdzilla - - - YOU GO, CAPT> JACK!!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:D I'm a wizard ???? :D

Actually - we've used the "pigeon pendulum" approach on every one of our birds. Started this as a a bit of a joke and certainly with a whole lot of disbelief - - - but it's been right on every one of our birds ... 3 dogs, 3 cats, & 2 humans, too .... <shrugging shoulders>

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
:D I'm a wizard ???? :D

Actually - we've used the "pigeon pendulum" approach on every one of our birds. Started this as a a bit of a joke and certainly with a whole lot of disbelief - - - but it's been right on every one of our birds ... 3 dogs, 3 cats, & 2 humans, too .... <shrugging shoulders>
:p Great reply .. I guess one doesn't wonder too much about what has worked!

Terry

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:p Great reply .. I guess one doesn't wonder too much about what has worked!

Terry
I don't know why or how it works ... and even if I was a betting person, I wouldn't put money on it ...... but I DO know that, so far, it's been right - 25 out of 25 times. That's a pretty good run rate!!!!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Beautiful babies.
Thanks! I guess it may be old hat to the more experienced folks, but we're just having a BALL watching them develop!!! WHAT an amazing process ... and in such a short period of time!! It so hard to believe that an egg can turn into THIS in only 3 weeks .....

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Thanks! I guess it may be old hat to the more experienced folks, but we're just having a BALL watching them develop!!! WHAT an amazing process ... and in such a short period of time!! It so hard to believe that an egg can turn into THIS in only 3 weeks .....
I know. Isn't it amazing? Watching them grow IS amazing, and they grow so fast. Before you know it, they'll be all grown up. Mine are just 4 1/2 weeks old, and getting bigger everyday. It's fun trying to figure out what they'll look like when they're adults. Enjoy them. I want to see updates til they're through their first moult. I don't see how this could ever be just "old hat" to anyone.:D

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
I think at about 3 months. But they're so cute, I don't mind looking at them at all. Great pictures!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.