Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been raining in New England for 3 weeks ... with no end in sight. All there is to do is to find a way to enjoy it! I guess the birds are feeling sorry for us humans 'cuz we found this, this morning. Such thoughtful birds!!

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
LOL! Well, in Old England it is actually going to be hot for once...so the powers that be are getting rather hysterical trying to protect us from this unusual event. Parents are being advised to keep their children indoors and hhospitals are on standby...but the max temperatures are expected to be
33 C !

Cynthia

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW! 90+*....we haven't seen temps like that since the 1st week in April. A word of caution, Cynthia ... if that really bright orb thingy shows up in the sky - DON'T let it get on you!!!

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
WOW! 90+*....we haven't seen temps like that since the 1st week in April. A word of caution, Cynthia ... if that really bright orb thingy shows up in the sky - DON'T let it get on you!!!
LOL...LOL...LOL...:D

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
I will crawl down to the aviary under a blanket! I don't want to disappear in a whiff of smoke! :eek:

Cynthia

·
Registered
610 Posts
Wow!!! I love your pictures of rain on feathers.

Im going to make a card and sent it to my vet who has been so kind to our lovely feral piggies.

Thanks for that!!!!

·
Registered
813 Posts
RAIN!!!!! HOW I long for rain!!!! It was 105 here the other day......

STUNNING photos as always!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Um....this is a bit awkward to say ... and, no doubt, will come across as very "hard nosed" .... but all photos that one finds on the web (or anyplace else, for that matter) do belong to someone else and automatically carry a copyright which belongs to that person. Many of us supplement our income with - or make our livings entirely on - sales of our photos. In other words, photos which you find on the web are not available for you to use as you choose unless you obtain permission from the owner (and usually pay a license fee). Any other use is what's called "Copyright Infringement".

It is for this reason that I (and all other pros & semi-pros) will never post a full sized photo on line and these photos will not print at high quality. I would, however, be happy to sell you a single (or multiples) of high quality cards - or, for that matter, a print - of this photo made from the full sized image on quality paper.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here...but I have to protect my work (and that of other photographers, as well). If you'd like cards or a print, just send me a PM.

Thanks for understanding.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
nice shots....I love rain pics anyway, but with the feather it gives it something special for us bird folks....

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And not just ANY "bird"....it's a PIGEON feather!!! Belonged to either our 1st (Luna) or last (Typhoon) grandbaby .... they're the only ones with that color!!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
...photos which you find on the web are not available for you to use as you choose unless you obtain permission from the owner (and usually pay a license fee). Any other use is what's called "Copyright Infringement"....Thanks for understanding.
Thanks for the reminder. I uderstand how it might have felt awkward to bring this up. Beautiful photos!

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Beautiful pictures. :D But what is this "rain" that you speak of?? *looks out at the trees melting in the sun* :rolleyes:

·
Registered
499 Posts
liquid sunshine

:eek:
It's been raining in New England for 3 weeks ... with no end in sight. All there is to do is to find a way to enjoy it! I guess the birds are feeling sorry for us humans 'cuz we found this, this morning. Such thoughtful birds!!

ya mean your going to get soaked/cooked(boiled)like an egg,..heck we here in western washington state,usa,..we do-not tan we rust!!-what is 33c going to do to your fog-??-i guess changes in weather patterns-we better get used to-it is called global-warming--which actually means(ice age)--we here are subject to tornadoes,..tacoma,spokane,black diamond,..we don,t generally get swordfish this way either,..oh-well/fish on,..oh,yes great picture,thanks for sharing,..notice water beaded up on feather,good healthly bird-just molting,..sincerely james waller

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Beautiful shots -
But I for one can't take any more of this rain!!!!!!!
What ever happen to "If you don't like the weather (in New England), just wait a minute!" Well I've been waiting and haven't seen sun in weeks! :mad:
The slugs in my yard are so big and healthy - you could put a saddle on them and ride them around :eek:
What I would give for a drout!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Beautiful shots -
But I for one can't take any more of this rain!!!!!!!
What ever happen to "If you don't like the weather (in New England), just wait a minute!" Well I've been waiting and haven't seen sun in weeks! :mad:
The slugs in my yard are so big and healthy - you could put a saddle on them and ride them around :eek:
What I would give for a drout!
Waynette....ROFLOL....LOL...LOL... You better saddle up and start building a corral! OMGosh that made me laugh! I have this visual in my head now..... LOL.... and I'd love TO BOTTLE up our drout and send it your way!.... I bet the Foilage is just loving it though!... It is beautiful~ ALLL the green!... PICTURES please! I love to see Greeeeeennnnnnn!:D

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
O-h, l-o-o-k .... it's r-a-i-n-i-n-g.....STILL!!! We decided this morning that the question is not "Is it raining?". The question is .... "How hard?"

Jenn, no point in building that corral. An Ark would be far more fitting! As for 'the green' ... Yes, it is VERY green and ... um ... the grass is a good 8" long. May have to rent a BushHog just to mow the yard when (if) it finally stops raining. Of course, at that point, the sun will come out and New England will be buried alive by the growing things (!!! ) and the humans will learn what steamed clams feel like .... Nope - the camera isn't going out in this!

Waynette, even our slugs have drowned over here in Fremont!

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Never let it be said that when people start talking about RAIN, I won't wade in!

As y'all know, the West and Southwest tend to be - ah - dry...BUT, with LOTS of SUN!!

Since I moved here BECAUSE of heat and sun, I am MORE THAN GENEROUS in sending you SUN deprived regions LOTS of SUN with NO RAIN!*

However, I DO expect a TRADE...WE WANT RAIN! I am a firm believer in the barter system...DEAL??? Thought so!! :cool: :)

*(BUT, be careful what you wish for..."drought IS a side effect!")

I HAVE had succcess in the past sending SUN and WARM to places who need them! I see no reason why that should change now!

Enjoy your SUN, y'all!!

Love and Hugs

Shi :)

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Thank you. The pics are beautiful. But, come on now, we had a gorgeous May. Thought it was an omen that the summer would be just grand. Just shows you not to believe in omens. Well, fellow New Englander, we have 3 months that we usually consider to be our summer. June, July, and August. One down...........................................................:(

Oh well, might as well "Dance in the Rain" :D

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you. The pics are beautiful. But, come on now, we had a gorgeous May. Thought it was an omen that the summer would be just grand. Just shows you not to believe in omens. Well, fellow New Englander, we have 3 months that we usually consider to be our summer. June, July, and August. One down...........................................................:(

Oh well, might as well "Dance in the Rain" :D
ABSOLUTELY!!! ergo. beautiful raindrops on feathers...

Oh look :rolleyes: - - it's raining ... harder!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts