Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some photos from the Los Angeles Pigeon Club 2008 Young Bird Lawn show which was held today. I really enjoyed all the birds and getting to visit a bit with some of our Pigeon-Talk members. If I knew (or thought I knew :p) what kind of pigeon was in each photo, I put the breed in the caption. If I was clueless, then there is just a photo #. Please feel free to "fill in the blanks" or correct any errors I have made, certainly to comment on the birds .. there are some gorgeous ones!

Enjoy!

http://www.rims.net/2008LAPCLawnShow/

Terry

·
Registered
935 Posts
Terry,
eye candy is exactly what they all are! Beautiful birds!

You don't seem to have 10, 21, and (76/77) labelled.
# 21- Looks like a beautiful Satinette to me.Old Fashion/Oriental Fill
#10 and 76/77...Also seem to be Old Fashion/Oriental Fills.... I can't tell though if they are Blindinettes, Satinettes....or called something else. Normally, if I have it right, it has to do with markings...that's what the difference is.
These frills, appear to be the type that a foster parent would be needed. They have very small beaks.
If someone could find out about #10 and (76/77) it'd be awsome. I don't know a lot about the types...still trying to learn. It seems most people that breed them don't want to talk to others or just to me about them. Most of my info I get is from online...which isn't always correct. Once my loft is up and going, I'm going to have an area just for the Frills. I love them ;).

Anyways, back on the pigeons.

Also #11...that cutie pie also looks like one to me....just because of the beak and feet....along with those eyes. Could be wrong, but sure is a cutie!

#13 looks like a Bokhara Trumpeter...I hope i spelled that right. :)

-Hilly

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Wow Terry, you took terrific pictures. I just love those Scandaroons. It was a really nice day except I got drafted into being the club secretary.:eek:

The birds were simply beautiful.

Margaret

·
Registered
754 Posts
Gaditano Pouter

They where indeed all very pretty birds, but I do need to know what you mean by not natural colors on the Gaditano Pouter?. I had to laugh when I realized that could be my daughters bird, they have the same hair color. I did not know you could dye your bird. help me on this one >Kevin

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
That is not a Gaditano pouter. Gaditanos have a very large balloon crop. That is a thief pigeon they are called Picas and are dyed so you can tell the birds apart in competitions.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
:eek: WOW! EYE candy is right! LOVELY birds there.

Thanks for sharing Terry, and thank you Grim for explaining the difference between Gaditanos and Picas.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Terry,
eye candy is exactly what they all are! Beautiful birds!

You don't seem to have 10, 21, and (76/77) labelled.
# 21- Looks like a beautiful Satinette to me.Old Fashion/Oriental Fill
#10 and 76/77...Also seem to be Old Fashion/Oriental Fills.... I can't tell though if they are Blindinettes, Satinettes....or called something else. Normally, if I have it right, it has to do with markings...that's what the difference is.
These frills, appear to be the type that a foster parent would be needed. They have very small beaks.
If someone could find out about #10 and (76/77) it'd be awsome. I don't know a lot about the types...still trying to learn. It seems most people that breed them don't want to talk to others or just to me about them. Most of my info I get is from online...which isn't always correct. Once my loft is up and going, I'm going to have an area just for the Frills. I love them ;).

Anyways, back on the pigeons.

Also #11...that cutie pie also looks like one to me....just because of the beak and feet....along with those eyes. Could be wrong, but sure is a cutie!

#13 looks like a Bokhara Trumpeter...I hope i spelled that right. :)

-Hilly
I think #10 is a Blondinetter. #12 looks like a Chinese Owl. #12 looks like a Satinette. #40 looks like a Long Face English Tumbler. #48 looks like a Show Racer. That's what I think. :rolleyes:
Great pictures by the way. We don't have any shows like that around here, that I know of. :(

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
GREAT PICTURES, TERRY!!

LOVED seeing the different and unusual breeds! The expression with # 11 is PRICELESS!!

Good to see some of the members too!!

THANKS for giving a "bird's eye" tour! :D Looked like a LOT OF FUN and some lovely raffle items!

Love and Hugs
Shi

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Terry, great pictures. It was soo nice to see our George looking as fit as a fiddle. That location is really beautiful.

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's The Champion Of Champions From The 2008 Show

I think I have a pic of this bird but it is very dark and doesn't do the bird justice. It's a West Of England Tumbler .. Same breed as my Darth Vader who is a self black.

Terry

Description: Doug Boyland's red self West was judged by Brian McCormick as champion West and by a panel to be the best of the best all breed champions competing at our annual LAPC Summer YB Show.
Congratulations Doug.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts