Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my new Satinettes was roughed up a little by the others and has some swelling and blood around his eye. He can open and close it, and I think he can still see, but may have blurred vision.

I put some colloidal silver drops in the injured eye and carefully applied antibiotic cream around the eye cere where he's bleeding. I'll keep up with that, to prevent infection. And he is isolated now. But...

Is there anything else I can/should do for him? I'm concerned about the swelling and blurry vision. (I know if it were me, I would want an ice-pack. But is that advisable for pigeons?)

The "peanut test" revealed that he is able to see well enough to seek out and eat treats from an unfamiliar dish - but he is definitely favoring the injured eye. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
I would probably have the vet check the eye.

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
this happens from time to time with pigeons I would seperate him for a time the Watch as he is put back with the other birds Probably no vet needed As i have seen many a bird that has fought over the years and all recoverd just fine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts