Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i am wondering if anyone is familiar with this eye situation?
this bird is fine except for the one eye. If anyone has seen this before i would appreciate any information. I see her every day as my neighbour provides fresh water for wildlife daily.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Wow, that looks clouded, I wonder if he can see out of that eye? It's like there is something in there like parasites in the eye.

The bird would need to be caught to find out what exactly is going on and/or whether it is partially blind, or completely blind in that eye or not.

Upon observing the bird, is he acting any different then the other birds?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

Wow, that looks clouded, I wonder if he can see out of that eye? It's like there is something in there like parasites in the eye.

The bird would need to be caught to find out what exactly is going on and/or whether it is partially blind, or completely blind in that eye or not.

Upon observing the bird, is he acting any different then the other birds?
She is. i do not think she can see.If yes is it normally caused by parasite? In your Opinion If it is a parasite would it be treatable?

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
She is. i do not think she can see.If yes is it normally caused by parasite? In your Opinion If it is a parasite would it be treatable?
Not sure-it just looks strange like something is in there. If it is parasites, it can be treated with Moxidectin plus, ivermectin or another pigeon wormer.

If the bird cannot see it is susceptible to a predator attack and should be caught.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay

Not sure-it just looks strange like something is in there. If it is parasites, it can be treated with Moxidectin plus, ivermectin or another pigeon wormer.

If the bird cannot see it is susceptible to a predator attack and should be caught.
Yes She has been here for about a month. I just wondered if i could help her improve? I guess i would have to take her to a vet. Unless someone here is familiar with the condition.
Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Thank you for helping her. It will be beneficial for her to be caught and be checked out and see what is going on and make sure she is eating enough too. She would certainly benefit from some TLC and R & R.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.