Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PT folks, I need some help.
My birds are getting some kind of eye problem. The first bird, its eye looked like it got peck, it was watery and it kept blinking and I treated with Forma Drops and now its a little better, but not that great - you can still see it looks a little watery. The second bird was doing the same blinking, watery eye. I took both birds out of the loft. Today, I was feeding my birds and saw 2 more birds, there eye are watery, kind of swollen. The eye problem is on the left eye on all 4 birds. Something is wrong????

Any ideas will be great.

·
Registered
499 Posts
one eye colds

PT folks, I need some help.
My birds are getting some kind of eye problem. The first bird, its eye looked like it got peck, it was watery and it kept blinking and I treated with Forma Drops and now its a little better, but not that great - you can still see it looks a little watery. The second bird was doing the same blinking, watery eye. I took both birds out of the loft. Today, I was feeding my birds and saw 2 more birds, there eye are watery, kind of swollen. The eye problem is on the left eye on all 4 birds. Something is wrong????

Any ideas will be great.
read up on /one eye colds/.they are usually associated with a peck in the eye or some other type of physical injury affecting the eye,/.also caused by improper ventiation,drafts,or dampness in the loft,/.typical signs are a symptom of (orinithosis),then treated with doxcycline for 4-6 weeks,.and for the eye-use terramycin ointment or a drop,..sincerely james waller

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
It could be like James said--a one-eye cold which is a respiratory disease.

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
I had one recently, and one beginning of last year, with an eye problem like that. I agree - likely to be Ornithosis (Chlamydia).

A Chlamydia infection would show as watering and swelling, as it causes a combination of conjuntivitis and sinusitis.

I gave 0.2 ml Baytril daily for 10 days and the problem cleared up just fine.

John

·
Registered
44 Posts
All left eye is suspicious. I'd check for a possible draft hitting the birds left side when they're perched. I've had good luck with Dr. Pigeon's one eye cold product - one drop, one time, it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts