Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I think Linda is actually a she (fingers crossed!), so I'd like to be prepared (don't want more birds). I want to get them fake eggs just in case, but I don't know which size :confused:

I checked Foy's but I'm clueless :eek:

I have Senegal doves, they are small, a bit larger than diamond doves, much smaller than pigeons. If the size differs a bit from the real eggs, will they reject them? Help much appreciated!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Oh, well I go to a charter school.
It's definetly the life there, they have lots and lots of land, they even get to use the Kern County Museum in town, they mainly use it with the Lori Brock Center and for History Camp.
The rest of the land is farm and Animal Pens, but the only buildings there are 2 offices and several small warehouses with one HUGE warehouse where most of the Enrichment classes take place.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I don't see how this thread is funny, or am I missing something? :confused:
Chicken eggs only work with pigeons, haha.

If the dummy eggs differ a little, it shouldn't bother them. As long as they don't differ TOO much.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't see how this thread is funny, or am I missing something? :confused:
Chicken eggs only work with pigeons, haha.

If the dummy eggs differ a little, it shouldn't bother them. As long as they don't differ TOO much.
Thanks for your reply Mary. But the eggs sold at Foy's for example come in pigeon size, parrot and canary, don't really know which to get? I can't see them as I'm not in the US, I have to buy online.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I'm thinking Canary sized would probably be the closest. Parrots seem pretty big and I know the pigeon eggs would be too big.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Senegal Dove Egg

Hi Penname, Canary eggs will do. Senegals have eggs 1/4 of pigeon size.:)
Or you can boil their eggs and use them. You can see on the picture yourself.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
try arts and crafts sites or stores, the wooden eggs used for crafts, about an inch long.
Never thought of that, good idea, thanks Spirit Wings! I'll see what's available here and if I can't find anything I'll get the plastic canary eggs.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks plamenh and Mary! If I don't find those wooden arts and crafts eggs locally I'll order the canary size.

Dove eggs are tiny compared to pijjies! Interesting pic plamenh, thanks for it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts