Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello I am new to this. I have a question and need some guidance from you guys. I recently bought two squeekers from this guy. He forgot to send the pedigree so I asked him to send it to me. He replied back asking for the leg band numbers which I thought was weird because shouldn't he already kept track of leg band numbers when he tag his pigeons. Anyways I asked what numbers he had for the squeekers and he was so confident of the number that I verified with the pigeons he sent me and they were off. My question to everyone is, is he a fraud? Am I getting fake pigeons which he claims came from his breeders?

·
Registered
727 Posts
:)

If he sent you birds from someone else, why wouldn't he just make you up some fake pedigrees to go along with them?

He needs the band numbers to look up the parents. Not everyone records the bands on birds they send out to others. I do, and it seems strange that some folks don't but that is just the difference in people.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Well, he knows who the parents are. Maybe I am just thinking too much but to tell me that he know the band numbers are xxx and I verify and the band numbers are ccc, wouldn't that be suspicious? Anyhow just wanted some opinion since I am all new to this stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts