Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! You might've seen my post about Spike and Rex, the breeder I ordered my pigeon from sent two instead of one and I'm finding out that I cannot manage two. Rex has bonded to me and bullies Spike if she gets too close to me (I believe they're both hens), it's difficult to move forward with socializing them because Spike is now afraid to get on me due to Rex's aggression. I'd like to keep Rex since she loves me and always wants to be with me, Spike does as well but not to the same degree, she's now lonely and acting depressed even though I've been trying my best to help her. I think she has really great potential to make a good indoor pigeon, since that's how I've been keeping her and she's very calm and trusting of people, but she'd also do well with other fancies I'm sure. She comes to my arm when I hold it up and she really likes peas. She's now learned how to use her flight suit, and before she was getting bullied by Rex was happy to roost on my lap and be pet and loved on. The breeder said she isn't show quality because her collar is broken, but she's a super sweet bird. She's also not the best flyer, I think she might be a little overweight or is just young and still learning. I'd be willing to pay shipping to whomever offers her a great home, I live in northern NY (near Watertown) and would be willing to drive an hour or two. Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
She is a beautiful bird. Hope someone steps up for her.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still Available?

Is she still available? I can't promise anything, but I'd love to adopt her if the other members of my household agree. I have two small doves that are very docile and get along extremely well with other pets. Let me know! I can also house her in a separate cage from the doves if need be. She's such a beautiful darling and I'd love to give her a loving forever home!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is she still available? I can't promise anything, but I'd love to adopt her if the other members of my household agree. I have two small doves that are very docile and get along extremely well with other pets. Let me know! I can also house her in a separate cage from the doves if need be. She's such a beautiful darling and I'd love to give her a loving forever home!
Sorry for not getting back sooner! I adopted her out to someone via craigslist, they were a lovely couple looking to adopt a pet house bird and were the perfect match, thank you though :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.