Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm new to pigeons and have a couple pairs of fantails and a few other fancy breeds. I noticed that one of my fantail pairs is on eggs. Well on 1 egg. From what i've read pigeons lay sets of 2 one a few days after the first and then begin sitting on them. Well it's been about 10 days and there isnt another egg yet and they've begun sitting on it. Is this something to be concerned with?

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
On occasion they only have one. Unless she is egg bound and can't pass the egg. That you would be concerned about. If she is acting normally, and not looking distressed, or like she is trying to lay another egg, then she is probably fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. i've seen other animals get eggbound and I dont believe her to be. but that was my initial concern. Thank you

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Please let us know how it goes with them. Pics of the baby would be nice. What color are they? Indian or American Fantails?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please let us know how it goes with them. Pics of the baby would be nice. What color are they? Indian or American Fantails?
they are american fantails. soon as I figure out how to upload pics I will. lol i'm new to this forum as well as pigeons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts