Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone tell me if indian fantails are the only fantails with boots/feathered feet and if not wat other breeds of fantails have feathered feet.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
The only other fantail breed that is purebred, with muffs, is the thailand fantail. Haven't seen any of those personally, but my dad used to raise show quality ones.

·
Registered
219 Posts
if it's a indian fantail cross....most likely it doesn't have a rear crest? I have two fantails, one is booted and the other is not. Both do not have any crests.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I guess it depends on what it is mixed with. I have seen mixed fantails as crested with clean legs, and plain-headed with boots.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
there is also the mindians now too, but really they are indian fans just smaller. I like the american fans, took me awhile, but I decided I like the clean leg and more petite features. Becky do people still breed the thai fans?

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Forgot about the mindians. But yeah, they're sorta like in chickens when you have standard and bantam sizes of one breed :p

I have no idea if people still breed actual thai's. They look so much like Indians, they've probably all just mixed together. My dad's were the same size as an Indian, but had a bit larger fan and huge muffs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts