Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was heartbroken to find my beloved FanTastic dead this past Tuesday morning .. October 6, 2009. She hatched in March of 2005 and was far too young to be gone. I know, however, that she was one of Maggie's favorite birds on this board and that Maggie is caring for her now.

Terry

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Oh no, Terry!! I am SO SORRY!

FanTastic was a beauty!!

She couldn't be in better hands than Maggie's!

No idea what might have happened? No signs of illness?

Sending loving thoughts with hugs at this sad time. I know FanTastic will be securely wrapped in your heart and memories...

My most heartfelt condolences...

Shi

·
Registered
146 Posts
Forgive me, I have just read your post. What a beautiful picture of her. I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words that can help, but my heart goes out to you. From what I've read, Maggie was very special and this baby is still in good hands.

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Oh no, Terry I am so sorry.
She was still so young.

RIP TanTastic.

Reti

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
I am so sorry, Terry, it is such a horrible experience to find a beloved pigeon has died without showing any sign of illness. I am certain that Maggie is taking good care of her.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
:( I'm so sorry Terry, I know what a heartbreak this had to be. She was so pretty and too young.

Rest in Peace, sweet bird.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I'm so sorry Terry. Maggie must be thrilled so finally be able to hold Fantastic and cuddle her and kiss her......I know you'll miss Fantastic but she couldn't be in a better place with a better caretaker.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
It must have been a shock to find her. I'm very sorry.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Terry,
I was so sad to read you post about the lovely lady, FanTastic. Knowing how much you love and respect you little'uns, be they feathered, finned or furred, this must have been such a blow to you. Just imagine how happy Maggie and FanTastic were to meet up together this morning. Remember what good care and how much love Fantastic received from you, and that, some day, Maggie will hand her back to your loving care.
Daryl

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Terry,
Just imagine how happy Maggie and FanTastic were to meet up together this morning. Remember what good care and how much love Fantastic received from you, and that, some day, Maggie will hand her back to your loving care.
Daryl

Daryl - beautiful sentiment....truly.

Terry - I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope it's just as Daryl says.

Linda

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all so very much for your posts about my beloved FanTastic. I don't have any idea what happened to her. She was in good weight and good feather when she passed. It was very strange as I got up on Tuesday morning and looked out the backdoor to just "eyeball" what I could see from the kitchen. I noticed that FanTastic was just sitting and didn't think much of it. A half hour later she was still just sitting, and my heart just about jumped out of my body as I ran out to the backyard to see what she was doing. She was sitting upright, tail gently fanned out, and head just slightly downturned and resting on her neck .. but .. she was dead.

Obviously there was no suffering, no death throes, just suddenly dead. You could hardly tell by looking at her that she had passed on. It's possible she got a lethal spider bite as there have been an unusual number of spiders in the yard in the past month or so, or it could be that it was just her time.

In any event, it was a totally unexpected death, and I truly am heartbroken about the loss of her.

In some ways FanTastic had very poor taste in men and was always choosing the "bad" boy or the "tough" boy to be her mate. Her current mate, Mr. Moxie, a racing pigeon rescued by our member, xxmoxiexx, was one of the more gentle and devoted mates that she had. She also seemed to be an unlucky choice of a mate for the boys as her first two or three mates also died unexpectedly.

One of these days, I need to try and do a "family tree" for my personal pets .. it would be an interesting tree, indeed.

FanTastic was the daughter of FanFan and Castor .. two more of my personal pets with very special stories of their own. Sadly, Castor is deceased, but FanFan is still going strong.

FanTastic's latest baby is doing well, is quite beautiful, and is almost all grown up now. The baby is very fantail looking from the FanTastic side but has a lot of the coloration of the racing pigeon Dad, Mr. Moxie.

Thank you all again for your kind thoughts.

Terry

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
FanTastic is beautiful. I loved reading your post how she always picked the bad boys for mates. Its amazing with all the birds that you rescue that you can remember everything. It shows me that you truly love what your doing. It would be really interesting to see the family tree of pigeons. Now she is with her daddy, maggie and of course her bad boy mates. mindy

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sorry for your loss, she was a beautiful bird. Lots of good memories which will help later but are of small consolation right now. Keystonepaul

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
My condolences on the loss of your beloved FanTastic. She was a very special, much-loved bird and I know you miss connecting with her every day. I am so sorry that she went so young. :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts