Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who knew her, FEATHER (Linda) was a beloved member of our site for a long time.

I just learned that, only a few months ago, our beloved Feather has now joined Maggie (Lady Tarheel) at the Rainbow Bridge!

This news is very devastating to me and, I know, to all of you who knew her! She was such a terrific person and her wonderful quirky humor will be sooooo missed!

The following words may help at this very sad time...

As long as hearts remember,

As long as hearts still care,

We never part with those we love,

They are with us everywhere...

(author unknown)

With Love and Hugs
Shi

·
Registered
13,045 Posts
I am absolutely stunned.

·
Registered
13,045 Posts
Do you know what happened?
Oddly...I was thinking about her on Sunday and remembering it had been a couple of years since her little dog was napped.

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Oh, Shi I am so sorry and so sad! I had noticed Feather wasn't around, but members disappear for a while and then return, so I fully expected to see her back.

Rest in Peace dear Feather.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Omg Shi! I to am shocked about this very sad news finding out our dear feather is crossed over the rainbow bridge. She was such sweet person just like our Maggie. Feather will be missed dearly but never forgotten.

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no details. When I couldn't reach Feather by e-mail and PM, I called her by phone. The line was always busy...not a good sign! Finally, after I tried one more time very recently, the number had been disconnected!

THAT was when I contacted Terry, hoping she would know who to contact. She gave me a name and place to call. That was where I found out that Feather had died.

I was told she was very private about her illness, which explains why no one heard anything.

Love and Hugs
Shi

·
Administrator
9,478 Posts
Sorry to read about our Feather.

She was indeed a good soul. May she be surrounded by gentle doves of peace and love forever.

John

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
I am in shock. This is just too sad.
We will miss her dearly. Like Cynthia I though she would be back after a break from PT.

Reti

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I am shocked to hear she's also gone. She was "Wonder Woman". I always liked that avatar and now it'll be retired. :(

This is looking to be terrible times.

Nobody else die, ok? :eek:

·
Registered
911 Posts
I am also shocked about the loss of Feather. My condolences to her family.

I am sure Our Maggie was waiting on the bridge to greet her.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I am very sorry to learn of Feather's passing. She was one of the true good ones. My sincere condolences to her family.

L

·
0 Posts
it is so sad to lose one of the family , bless you for always being there for the ones in need and sharing with us a part of your life ...enjoy your wings and embrace the clouds ..

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
May she rests in peace. My condolences to the family.

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
I, too, am stunned and very sad that Feather is no longer with us. I very much appreciate Shi finding out about this from the little bit of sketchy information that I had. I so wish Shi had found happier news.

Rest in peace, Feather. You and Maggie are probably best pals and are looking after all our little ones who have made that journey across the Rainbow Bridge.

I have changed Feather's title to Guardian Angel.

Terry

·
Registered
765 Posts
I am very shocked to hear this very sad news too.:( Feather was a lovely caring and witty lady who will be missed very much. It is comforting to know that she is at peace now with dear Maggie and all our feathered friends who have passed.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Oh my gosh, this is such a shock.

I remember how devastated Linda was when Maggie passed and she contacted me when she was putting some rescue stories together to send Maggie's niece in remembrance of her.

She was also so caring and is another massive loss.

I can just imagine Linda and Maggie with their arms outstretched ready to greet all our little friends as they pass over the bridge, and we have another guardian angel looking out for the sick and injured here.

Rest in peace Feather,

Janet

1 - 20 of 38 Posts