Pigeon-Talk banner

Farewell, Beloved Feather!!

9K views 37 replies 32 participants last post by  Tamara21 
#1 ·
For those of you who knew her, FEATHER (Linda) was a beloved member of our site for a long time.

I just learned that, only a few months ago, our beloved Feather has now joined Maggie (Lady Tarheel) at the Rainbow Bridge!

This news is very devastating to me and, I know, to all of you who knew her! She was such a terrific person and her wonderful quirky humor will be sooooo missed!

The following words may help at this very sad time...

As long as hearts remember,

As long as hearts still care,

We never part with those we love,

They are with us everywhere...

(author unknown)

With Love and Hugs
Shi

See less See more
#2 ·
I am absolutely stunned.

#3 ·
Do you know what happened?
Oddly...I was thinking about her on Sunday and remembering it had been a couple of years since her little dog was napped.

#5 ·
Oh, Shi I am so sorry and so sad! I had noticed Feather wasn't around, but members disappear for a while and then return, so I fully expected to see her back.

Rest in Peace dear Feather.

#8 ·
I have no details. When I couldn't reach Feather by e-mail and PM, I called her by phone. The line was always busy...not a good sign! Finally, after I tried one more time very recently, the number had been disconnected!

THAT was when I contacted Terry, hoping she would know who to contact. She gave me a name and place to call. That was where I found out that Feather had died.

I was told she was very private about her illness, which explains why no one heard anything.

Love and Hugs
Shi

#16 ·
I, too, am stunned and very sad that Feather is no longer with us. I very much appreciate Shi finding out about this from the little bit of sketchy information that I had. I so wish Shi had found happier news.

Rest in peace, Feather. You and Maggie are probably best pals and are looking after all our little ones who have made that journey across the Rainbow Bridge.

I have changed Feather's title to Guardian Angel.

Terry

#19 ·
Oh my gosh, this is such a shock.

I remember how devastated Linda was when Maggie passed and she contacted me when she was putting some rescue stories together to send Maggie's niece in remembrance of her.

She was also so caring and is another massive loss.

I can just imagine Linda and Maggie with their arms outstretched ready to greet all our little friends as they pass over the bridge, and we have another guardian angel looking out for the sick and injured here.

Rest in peace Feather,

Janet

#21 ·
I am very surprised to hear that Linda is gone, and even more to hear that Maggie is gone. I missed some posts due to some illness this past year, and a move from Cologne to Antwerp, but thought I caught most of the major news.

I will miss them both. I think of many members of Pigeon Talk as being like pigeons: you see them one day, then for a day or two or several days or a week, nothing. Then they are back.

I check on several members here every so often when I haven't seen a posting from them for a while, but when I am away for a week or so myself, I assume all is well.

My condolences to the families of the deceased, and to those members of Pigeon Talk who knew them and miss them.

Larry

#22 · (Edited)
I'm just heartsick to hear such terrible news. Feather was such a sweetheart, so caring and friendly to everyone. I had no idea she wasn't well and I'm just so sad over this.

The only comfort is the thought of Maggie and Linda being together with all their beloved animals.

Linda:(

Thank you Shi for letting us know.

***On retrospect, I cannot stop from modifying this post. As much as I comfort myself thinking hoping that Maggie and Linda are together, I still wish with all my heart and soul that these two beautiful, loving people were still here among the rest of us...........selfishly, I know.

#23 ·
After I found out through Feather that Maggie had died, I became concerned that IF something happened to any of our beloved site "family" members, HOW WOULD WE KNOW?

Many of us seem to post "alone" and if something happened, WHO would let us know?

I contacted some of my long time friends/members and we exchanged addresses and phone numbers. I had Feather's phone number but when I started calling, all I got was a busy signal! Then, a few days ago, a message said the number had been disconnected! All previous e-mails and PMs had gone unanswered!

THAT is when I PMed Terry, who, fortunately, had a contact that Feather had sent her a long time ago...you know the rest...

If you possibly can, PLEASE let someone know how to contact the site if - heaven forbid - something happens to you!

If anyone has any other suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Many thanks

With LOVE and HUGS
Shi

I sure would rest easier and I know others would too!!

#25 · (Edited)
Shi is absolutely right. It's not something most of us want to think about, but if you research the archives of Pigeon Talk or even other such sites, you will notice "regulars" who just stop posting at some point for no apparent reason......and you have to wonder...what happened? Jiggs is one who haunts me. He was such a nice guy with such great posts. It hurts me to think he is probably lost to us. And last we heard a couple of years ago, he was battling cancer. And I fear the worst.

Even though I am listed as a mod here, most of you will notice that I don't post too often. That doesn't mean that I don't care and that I'm not here everyday. I have advised my son quite awhile ago if something unforseen should happen to me that he should advise PT and my few other internet friends of the details.

Linda

#26 ·
I am shocked and so saddened to hear this terrible news. What an enormous loss to the world.

#27 ·
I think it's a good idea to tell a family how to get in contact with the members here to let everyone know what has happened to you. I made my family aware that if something happened to me to everyone know. I have my computer set up for my to get on my computer and go to my favorites and click the link and it will take them here to PT. A good friend of mine and I had it set up with our families to get in contact with us if something happened to one of us and the good was I was contacted by my friends son, the sad part was my friend had pasted away so I was able to let everyone know on the board of her passing.

I know I'm guilty of being off for a long time, but that was due to personal problems in my life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.