Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 out of 50 feral pigeons that come to my house now have feathered feet could that happen in the wild or are thease pigeons that flew away from home any ideas. there toes are not coverd.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
feral pigens have traits from domestic stock, somewhere in their gentetics they carry grouse legs or featherd legs feet from the oringinal parent/s.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Hmmmmm...........I'd really like to see some pictures of some of them ????

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
What's going on? Msfreebird had an American fantail born with feathered feet too. :eek::D

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Grouse is recessive so that could be why it decided to pop up in the fantails. But as for the ferals, they could have been domestic at one point but there is a lot of stuff floating in the feral pop because they are made up of lost domestic birds over hundreds of years.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Like someone had said they can carry traits from a domestic flock. As in accidental breeding within the flock with ferals. And/or it could have been someones pet that got away and bred with a feral. There are many possibilities, too many to say.
Lucas

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most of the flocks babies now have feather feet and some are completely diffrent from each other

·
Registered
942 Posts
I have a white homer with feathered feet. Only one and have been breading for the same foundation stock as last year. So far we only have one and she/he is just over a month old. Will post some pic. Does any one have homers with feathered feet?

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I have a white homer with feathered feet. Only one and have been breading for the same foundation stock as last year. So far we only have one and she/he is just over a month old. Will post some pic. Does any one have homers with feathered feet?
Many of mine do :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts