Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Bath (1 tablespoon of borax per gallon).
I also use (1 tablespoon+ of vinegar per gallon) and this seems to work better. I just found out that my baby pigeons have lice this week and I panicked big time so I gathered each babies and dipped them in that diluted vinegar. It seemed to have killed them because they stopped moving. I am experimenting with this and see if adding more vinegar will work. These lice freaked me out. LOL!

If worse comes to worse, there is always that permethrin and sevin dust, but I like to see the result of this vinegar thing first. Yeah, I kept on experimenting.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Sevin powder. You can buy it at most hardware stores. Do especially under the wings and tail. Not their face though. Scat. A spray that you can buy at a pet shop. Permethrin sprays. Permectrin II . You can mix it as a spray, or dip them. Buy online at Foy's.
If you add a bit of epsom salts and borax to their bath water now and then, it is supposed to help keep them away. I'd spray the loft too, especially the nest boxes.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
where can I get Borax from?
local pet store?
hardware store?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
There are 38 young birds atm.
Your young birds are doing great :)
They should be ready in about a week
if not sooner :D
they only have a little bit of feathering to go until the underwing is fully covered
I got the box.
It had been sitting in my living room for a couple days when I finally saw it and asked my wife wth was that cardboard thing sitting in the corner.
she says IDK its your crap LOL
Ill get you some more pictures of the youngins this afternoon when I go into the loft.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.