Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 pigeons, two of them are settled, the new one I just brought home today.
I don't have them feed call trained. Can I feed call train them and at the same time fly them? For example, my feeding schedule is 9:00am and 3:00pm. I just started that schedule yesterday, before they had food 24/7, what I've been doing is letting them out all morning after they eat at about 9am and they come back around 1:30pm to eat. After eating I let them out and they come back around 4:30 to eat a little more, then I let em out and they're back before sunset. I need advice on letting them out and feeding schedule and feed call training.... so help!! I wanna start tomorrow fresh and ready to train them. (I have them as a hobby, not for racing) again how do I feed call train them and fly them at the same time?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What if I do this?

At 9 am I feed them (shaking a bottle) then I let them out and wait for them to come back, after 5 min Of them being back I feed them again, and I do the same thing whenever they come back. Is that wise?
Letting them set their own feeding schedule? ?

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
What difference does it make? You have been told many times that it isn't safe to fly the fantail cross. They cannot fly well, and a hawk or other predator will eventually get him, then you won't have to worry about feeding him at all. You don't care much about the safety of your birds or you wouldn't fly them.

I don't know why you come on asking for advice when you don't listen to it anyway. Your bird will not last long being let out. If you want birds that are safe to fly, why not get some homers?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Nice bird!Thanks for thr pic

You can order them online. There are many sites. Go to google for help. Infact there are many members on here who can ship birds to you. Maybe your call get answered if you post it in the appropriate sub-forum of PT which is doves and pigeons wanted.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice bird!Thanks for thr pic

You can order them online. There are many sites. Go to google for help. Infact there are many members on here who can ship birds to you. Maybe your call get answered if you post it in the appropriate sub-forum of PT which is doves and pigeons wanted.
Does it look to old to rehome?
I don't know the age, it's an adult bird. Being a feral that has never been flown will it rehome in a couple of weeks?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts