Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am typing this from my blackberry so I really don't know what section does this message belongs. But anyway I just wanted everyone's or whoevers experience in knowing how to feed a baby pigeon that's about 18 days old, I found Benson on a corner right by the gutter and thank goodness I happened to be driving by and saw him there standing all soak and wet due to the rain. He fell out of his nest right above from where he was standing and I guess it was his mom up underneath the train station almost close to the nest. So there was noway of getting him/her back up there, so I took him home and have him for about 6 days. I've been feeding him soaked puppychow 3x's a day and he drinks water on his own. I also put some dove/pigeon seeds in a small dish and he tryes to eat it but stilll don't know how to swallow so I still do it anyway. I don't know what the gender is so I just call him a him. But what I would like to know would it be okay to put seeds in his mouth to. I'm asking because I know everyone has different ways of feeding. I was told told to put 12-15 soaked puppy chow kibbles in his mouth 3x's a day. What is your way of feeding a baby pigeon?

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your feedback... i'm gonna take everyones advice because they were all great. well, I have good news today Benson was swallowing some seeds, of course the little ones but he did it. first thing tomorrow I'm gonna try the thawed out peas, which I already have some in my freezer that I needed to purchase for my goldfish. But what I need to know is that "how many do I give him?" and when thew peas are already thawed out should it be room temperture or should I warm it up a little with warm water or give it as is when it's thawed?
Also, I wanna know about the poop what colors or just what is a good/bad signs that I need to check for?

but other boy do they beg alot...lol, but i love him my Benson... and to maryjane glad you liked his name or she. I'm from bensonhurst bklyn so thats where the name benson came from.... I also add his very own album called 'BABY BENSON' and i will be adding more pics of his progress.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.