Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pigeons love peanuts, but what is the average number of peanuts per day should I feed my fliers and breeders espesially the breeders feeding their young? Because I'm worried about over feeding my fliers when returning home, because I give it to them and they easilly trapped inside the loft..

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Peanuts should be fed as a snack not as a meal. I give my birds peanuts once a week, or less, just a few each. They get the small spanish peanuts, raw and unsalted, and cut into smaller pieces.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Can somebody explain to me what I saw in feed store today. In addition to corn, and other beans, I saw seeds of green watermelon in the feed. What nutritional value does that give? We used to eat these dried watermelon seeds as snack. Should it also be a snack and removed from the feed?

·
Registered
499 Posts
pigeon food

Can somebody explain to me what I saw in feed store today. In addition to corn, and other beans, I saw seeds of green watermelon in the feed. What nutritional value does that give? We used to eat these dried watermelon seeds as snack. Should it also be a snack and removed from the feed?
popcorn(not kernal)-beans,what kind/size.??-watermelon seeds are the wrong shape,..things to be considered are chocking hazzards,any food which gets caught in the throat will kill a bird,stick to a good quality pigeon food w popcorn/kaytee wild bird food(walmart),minumize hazzards,..sincerely james waller

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
A REAL Pigeon will not eat anything that will Choke it.... Stick to Standard pigeon Mix, the Treats are for YOUR Benefit, NOT the birds...Funny, I keep Hearing about Pigeon Treats..., Feed you birds Pellets, and Standard Mix becomes their Treat. Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.