Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out last night after work for a walk,weather was real nice here,we took a bag of pigeon food and went to the long railway bridge in town(carries part of main edinburgh/aberdeen railway,lots of ferals roost under there),its in quiet part of town,a lot of ferals were displaced when the old cinema was bulldozed last year and i guess a fair few took up residence under the bridge,some moved to other end of main st on roof of an old church which is converted into sheltered housing for older folks,judging by the noise at bridge there are a few sqabs(lots of squeaks etc),so we left some pigeon food for them,obv they were quite shy and didnt come down like our regular flock do,the bridge is beside a larger ship yard which now makes oil rig and wind turbine parts,and a few of the workers going home must have thought we were crazy,but just wanted to make sure the ferals were getting a bit extra food,no harm in that!an old lady was given a police warning for feeding gulls and pigeons on the main st(which she gallantly fought)we dont want to annoy anyone so we kept it pretty low key and out of the way of any nosey parkers lol dont see any harm at all in feeding birds but worries me how anti pigeon some folks are in my town

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Perhaps you can just give food that supplements them instead of giving them their main feed. If you feed them too much their population might increase too much attracting attention.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts