Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have homing pigeons and I let them fly every day. They mostly go out in the AM, then when its hot, hang out in the coop, and then go for another flight when it starts cooling off.

However, lately, one of my pairs, Madonna and Tito (lol), have decided that living in the barn is much more appealing. I have to constantly chase them out.

When I came home from work on Thurs, I found Madonna in my hay stall with an egg! I was able to catch her, and put her and the egg in one of the nest boxes. Of course since I had Madonna, Tito followed her into the coop, which I have since closed up and have kept all the pigeons from free flying for the last 3 days.

I still see Madonna along the wire looking out, and I can just tell she wants over to the barn. She knows that I moved her egg and regardless, I want her to "re home" back to the coop.

Should I just keep them in there longer? Our nest boxes are in the middle of being finished so I cant lock her inside or anything. Plus Id feel bad.

Any tips? Thanks.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Is it safe for her in there?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it safe for her where? In the barn? While it may be safe, she will poop all over my expensive tack, in my horses water and feed buckets, in the aisle, etc. She has her own revamped wonderful new coop. I posted pics of it on the Loft forum. The Loft is def safe.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
There's your answer...the barn is not an option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts