Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hii Im NC ...

Plz Suggest me about my my Problem that is , I Have One Hen which Not eating Any type of feed..And has 107 F temp {is it Normal??} It is Having Some Watery Droppings with reddish Brown Colour. She Used to eat Some Groundnuts before Day But Now she is Not Even trying to eat anything.... She may be 1-1.5 months old only...Is ORS sufficient for her curing:(:confused:
I recently took her to Vet, He was not sure About her next servival ..
I gave her ORS drinks in Water so that She may feel good i dont know her droppings will stop or not... She has lost almost all of her body weight plz Suggest me

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Would try defrosted peas, to get food in her, if she can eat it.do you have access to a babyy bird formula like Kaytee?

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
What is ORS? The vet had no idea what was wrong? Post a picture of the bird and the droppings? What have you been feeding her?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Jay , ORS (oral rehydration solution) which we use when we feel dehydrated or energy lost ... she is looking quite better than yesterday . one good thing is that she has stopped reddish stool but still dropping watery and greenish... today only water nothing else she is even able to fly and also can eat her oven food i used feed her rice and groundnuts (dont know you may know this or not in US) from begining she was not eating wheat. Im now surving her wheat n rice floor through water adding ORS ,here are some pics of her dropping and food . im not expecting anything from that worst vet i hope our group members will help me for curing her loose motions

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
No pictures?
If there is blood in her stool, (not sure if that is what it is), could be cocci or worms. Not really good to worm a bird that young unless you are sure she has worms though.
Don't know what groundnuts are either. Sorry.
Have you checked her throat, just to be sure?
Pictures of her and droppings if you can.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She Has Now Totally Stopped Dropping Greenish ... Now She Is Totally Dropin Water, Purely Water ... I Dont Think She Will Live For More Days on the water nutriets . Here i dont have any good option for vet ... may too much rice also be reason for loose drops ???

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Either she isn't getting any food, or it isn't going through. There isn't any nutrients in rice. If you don't get food into her, easily digested food, then she will get weaker.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey jay, theres good news she ate today lot of jowar(wheat like indian grain) but also drunk too much water ... but now im feeling relaxed and happy ... cauz she ate almost after 3 days

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey jay, thanx alott for ur suggestions... theres one good news .. she ate lot of jowar(indian wheat like grain) today , im very relaxed and happy today cauz she ate after three days. yet she was dependent on ors n water only thnx peigeon biz n jay

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
If she is drinking a lot more water than is normal, it could be cocci or canker. She would need to be treated for either. Can you post pics of her and the droppings?
Have you checked her throat for any cheesy growths? Way down deep with a flash light?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts