Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a female pigeon and she is not laying egg, I have paired her with 2 potential males 1 by 1 and no result its been 2 month now. Any medication? Feed is good my other females are laying and hatching eggs.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hi, did you just this get female ? some time it takes a while if it is a new bird to get used to being in a new loft i have had birds that took up to 6 months be for they they felt safe in a new loft

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hi, did you just get this female bird? some times it takes a while if it is a new bird to get used to being in a new loft i have had new birds that took up to 6 months be for they felt safe in a new loft

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try giving some calcium and vitamins.

Are they mating?
Yes bro they are mating and even making nest. Female sit in he nest like other pigeon , I mean she act like she is going to lay but no result.
I am using a goodfeed. I am going to try medication
Well I saw a little swelling on her leg. I think thats may be the problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, did you just get this female bird? some times it takes a while if it is a new bird to get used to being in a new loft i have had new birds that took up to 6 months be for they felt safe in a new loft
Yeah its almost 2 months now. I have huge loft and its fully secure. But after mating for 10 days I got no eggs. Female may be infertile. I think there must be another way.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hmmm...I can't imagine swelling on leg to be a problem for laying eggs, but yeah do check that out.

Have you picked up the female bird? do you 'feel' any egg? sometimes pigeons get 'egg bound', ie. the egg gets stuck for some reason and does not come out. Try lifting her tail feathers and see if it looks like the egg is blocked from coming out.

Good Luck :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm...I can't imagine swelling on leg to be a problem for laying eggs, but yeah do check that out.

Have you picked up the female bird? do you 'feel' any egg? sometimes pigeons get 'egg bound', ie. the egg gets stuck for some reason and does not come out. Try lifting her tail feathers and see if it looks like the egg is blocked from coming out.

Good Luck :)
Thanks for your opinion, I think she is not egg bounded. Well can I go for any medication?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Honestly I can't think of any medication for this situation.
I'm not sure what the problem is.
There is the chance that the female pigeon is not fertile 😕

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes bro they are mating and even making nest. Female sit in he nest like other pigeon , I mean she act like she is going to lay but no result.
I am using a goodfeed. I am going to try medication
Check her vent. I have a beautiful female dove she wouldnt lay eggs. I checked her vent, covered with short fuzzy feathers. The male continues to mate with her and i finally figured out the problem: her vent was. covered with short fuzzy feathers that prevented male sperm from entering the vent! i simply used small toenail scissors and cut away the feathers covering the vent. She began to lay eggs. So now i keep her vent feathers cut back!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Check her vent. I have a beautiful female dove she wouldnt lay eggs. I checked her vent, covered with short fuzzy feathers. The male continues to mate with her and i finally figured out the problem: her vent was. covered with short fuzzy feathers that prevented male sperm from entering the vent! i simply used small toenail scissors and cut away the feathers covering the vent. She began to lay eggs. So now i keep her vent feathers cut back!
I will check that out today! thanks for suggesting the idea... (y)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi, probably it's not your case but a swelling on the leg and laying issues could make think about salmonella. Just an option.
We she can walk easily. She has no problem with anything. May be her that's the shape of her leg. If there is swelling or pain she must be limping but as such thing never happened. I have removed some furs from her vent let see. May be I think I need medication for her. Thanks for your opinion,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts