Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
That is not too old. If "she" is not a "he" (and since you observed them mating they are probably a pair, then maybe they just need a little more time.

You should do a "google" search or search on this site, concerning "eggbound", and read up on it. Just in case.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
If the hen is less than 5 or 6 months, then probably she doesn't know how. But I suspect that she is not a she, but a male. Sorry. Hen can mate with each other. Cock can mate with themselves, too. I think you may not have a real pairing pair. It seems too long already.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I have (2 ) 2006 hens,that are not laying..One is on the flying team,and one is in the stock loft...Birds are healthy,so I really don`t know the answer myself....As for my birds,I have maybe a goofy answer..In 2007,I moved my lofts 6 miles to a new location...In 2008,I moved my lofts to another location 2 mies away from the 2007 location...I wonder if these two hens have not accepted all this moving,and don`t consider the lofts "home" anymore ??? I don`t have a clue other then what I said above...The flying hen is in execlent condition...She is "tripping" with whatever OB`s that are flying,and enjoying themselves...One day,they flew for almost 1 1/2 hrs....Most of the time,30 to 45 minutes..Then they are taking off flying,as more birds come off the nest,and coming out to fly around...It`s puzzeling to me to say the least...I even gave a GOOD egg for the stock hen to hatch,and raise with her mate...The YB is healthy,and now in the YB section...So,now I gave her two GOOD eggs from another pair to raise....This hen laid eggs in 2007,and nothing since then....Alamo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.