Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here gose. I know some of you wer intrested in how this bird would turn out seeing as how it is pure feral. literaly. so this picture is before the molt

and this picture is after the molt, I spread the wings so you can see the bronzing better than before.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Bronze bars and checks are not as unusual as you may think in feral flocks. I've caught thousands of birds out of barns and silos in Ia. over the years and this coloration is quite common in some areas.
Interestingly, these same flocks often have rec. reds among them.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bronze bars and checks are not as unusual as you may think in feral flocks. I've caught thousands of birds out of barns and silos in Ia. over the years and this coloration is quite common in some areas.
realy? I'v noticed a few reces reds and compleatly bronze birds showing up here in MN flocks as well, there are also getting to be a lot of grizzles, and/or white splashed birds as well. this is one of the few bronze barred ferals I have seen here. although it's hard to tell without catching them. I had 26 in my loft at one time all breed off the same pair. they also would come with white flights and a little grizzle here and there. never got any reds though.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Why would you catch thousands of ferals? Just curious.

Is that a money making thing, or a hobby thing?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL if I get my way there will be a market for them as racing homers, the ones I have now beat my homers by 15 to 20 minutes over 100 miles. I think mabe they can win. it's somthing I'm going to try anyhow. I'm still experimenting with it.

·
Registered
29,796 Posts
There is a market for them as live trap shoot at gun clubs and as bio tech. research material.

You catch ferals for that?

·
Registered
29,796 Posts
Lets not go there aye, Tmass, - I warn you , say nothing lol.
So are you saying that is fine with you if he catches ferals to use in these ways? And he should just not say so?

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
Do you have a better plan for managing the overpopulation of them?
This is a pigeon advocacy forum, OK? That means this forum is pro-pigeon life.

I suggest you read the rules and take those kind of views elsewhere.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
tmaas;717044[B said:
]Do you have a better plan for managing the overpopulation of them?[/B]
I have a plan for managing humans that exploit pigeons ... it's not as pleasant as your plan for managing pigeons.:mad:

·
Registered
382 Posts
This is a pigeon advocacy forum, OK? That means this forum is pro-pigeon life.

I suggest you read the rules and take those kind of views elsewhere.
Sorry, I didn't intend to go here, or offend anyone, was just answering questions and reaching for logical answers.

·
Registered
29,796 Posts
Thanks John, appreciate it.
Sure is interesting getting to learn what everyone on here is about.:rolleyes::(

·
Registered
29,796 Posts
Maybe that should have read - Thanks John, appreciate it.
Sure is interesting Assuming what everyone on here is about.
Wasn't talking about you, (guess you ASSUME too) so don't tell me what it should have read. I was asking him a question. You should have let him answer for himself.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wow guys cut it out it's christmas eve for sakes. I never meant to start a fight. and no I didn't even catch these birds. in previouse posts I told everyone I got them when they wer young squabs. the original pirds wer out of a nest in the grainalevator at a farm. when we went to fill the corn crib they fell out the end. I'v had them ever sence. the other two wer loose in a hay loft but couldn't fly with about 50 cats down stairs waiting for them. a few wer in the silo when I went to setup the unloader. in any of the cases they would of died if I wouldn't have taken them home. so now there pets. but if everything I post is going to start a fight and get me banned I won't stay here much longer. some how everything turns into a argument.

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
Wasn't talking about you, (guess you ASSUME too) so don't tell me what it should have read. I was asking him a question. You should have let him answer for himself.
I have said my peice and defended myself from claims that I am pro pigeon shooting. Thats all I have to say.

Nice birds, I agree with tmass that the connection between these bronze bars and rec red is something worth looking into. Conditionfreak asked him a question which he answered and now the threads gone off track. I am deleting all other posts of mine as they are not really needed.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
wait wait wait, recesive red is dominant right? I read that on another poste. if this is true than how can it not show when I have breed say 50 young ferals? "Color, and it's Role in 2013 Breeding Plan" is the thread in fact.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts