Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hen that has laid 6 eggs and none have hatched. Her first round there was no problem two wonder squeakers. She is paired with the same cock. They are matting and have built nest together. There is grit and OS always in the Palomar. The hen is a 2009 bird and she sit well on the nest. I just trying to decide if it time to find her a new home or am I missing something? :confused::confused:

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
If the eggs were not fertile, then obviously it is a cock issue. No? How old is the cock? If both are still young, then you probably have a disease in one of these birds(points to the hen).

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
are you sure she has the same mate?.. all white birds are hard to tell who is who..have you had any losses on road training?..was her mate in the basket?.. for a cock not to fill eggs as he did before is not unusual but for this long I think it is.. something changed just not sure what..

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sprit This is a roup of breeders that don't fly. Each of our breeder has a colored and numbered ident ban so we call tell them apart at a glance. I have found her mait sitting on someone else's nest. I think I have a small swap club going on in the Plaomar.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Sprit This is a roup of breeders that don't fly. Each of our breeder has a colored and numbered ident ban so we call tell them apart at a glance. I have found her mait sitting on someone else's nest. I think I have a small swap club going on in the Plaomar.
If your hen is still laying eggs its the male that isnt coming through , if you could mate her with one of your mature youngbird cocks you should have no problem producing offspring with her and maybe just retire that cockbird .Not sure why it matters though because soon your youngbirds will be trying to produce youngbirds too so you will have plenty of pairs to go around for next year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts