Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i finished the box, it can be removed by 3 screws. its 18" x16"x 4' long.

made some perches out of hickory flooring and added a lil .45 cent bracket easy to screw to the wall. check out the pics

i also cut a hickory stick and made some natural perches.

what do you think? -chris

·
Registered
896 Posts
It's looking good Chris! Very thrifty use of your extra flooring. Thanks for sharing! :)

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Interesting perches. Learn something today. What kind of bracket is that? I mean what dimensions?

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Thank you very much! I love Lowes and Home Depot. I just go there for fun. LOL! How are the perches though? Are they stable and what screw size did you use? Too many questions I know, but I am just intrigue with this new design that I see.

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are very solid. The wood is solid hickory. I had to pre drill the holes. Then I used a 1" drywall screw 2 in the bottom. I screwed it to the wall with 2, 2 1/2" deck screws. Itd hold my 6 year old son. The wood is 1" thick roughly and I cut 4" x 6"

Cheap and easy....

(Posted from my blackberry on the way back from getting my birds) - chris

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
That looks REALLY good.

I would add hardware cloth to the front side of the aviary, where the trap is too, especially if you don't have a door to seal the bob trap off at night. Predators could easily come inside.

I left one small spot open on my aviary-with only chicken wire, the rest is enclosed with fencing and reinforced with chicken wire/hardware cloth. There are all kinds of holes in it, where squirrels tried to get in. :eek:

·
Registered
15 Posts
That looks REALLY good.

I would add hardware cloth to the front side of the aviary, where the trap is too, especially if you don't have a door to seal the bob trap off at night. Predators could easily come inside.
In addition to the above, I would also add another hardware cloth layer to the bottom. Predators don't need much to get at your birds.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Thank you again for the info. I love using drywall and deck screws. They are sharp and easy to drive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts