Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone
So I am waiting til May 11th or a lil later to fly my 2 birmingham rollers for the first time. They will be around 3 months old at the time.
Basically I am just wondering what are the best methods to get them out flying and to come home safe?

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
If you have used resettling methods before it should not be a problem. Initially they should not take off right away. They probably should perch on top of your loft or some high spot. That would be ok for now because they are trying to memorize the place. Then some might take off--short circle or just flutter around. Some adventurous few might just take off in the sky and do what rollers do--roll or flip! If they comes back down, then you are lucky. They identified your place as their home. Good luck!

Obviously don't feed them before the flight and make sure no sudden noise or for that matter predators that will chase them. If there is you might start crying.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only have 2 rollers.
The past couple days I have been letting them out of there Coop and onto the top of it to get a better look at there surroundings.
My one bird Storm is a strong flyer and won't leave the balcony yet, But on the other hand her friend Snow is the adventurous one and has went out flying about twice already, one by mistake. She came back the first time the next day and came back about 3 minutes after calling her the second time which I though was great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.