Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well being on vacation with my brother all this week, when we got home from Silver Springs i checked the kids and Sugar Cream & Hawks egg hatched today :) a healthy little guy / girl...Jazz & Eagles egg has started to i could see where it was starting to break threw...nemo & dorys third OOPS egg died, i guess because it didn't hatch after the 20 days, so they left it, it was solid cold and very dark i tried to candle and couldn't see anything inside not even movement, good note they are building a new nest already ( get the fake ones ready again) Morning Mist & Black Eagle's egg should be hatching this week too....

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
well being on vacation with my brother all this week, when we got home from Silver Springs i checked the kids and Sugar Cream & Hawks egg hatched today :) a healthy little guy / girl...Jazz & Eagles egg has started to i could see where it was starting to break threw...nemo & dorys third OOPS egg died, i guess because it didn't hatch after the 20 days, so they left it, it was solid cold and very dark i tried to candle and couldn't see anything inside not even movement, good note they are building a new nest already ( get the fake ones ready again) Morning Mist & Black Eagle's egg should be hatching this week too....
Congratulations grandma! :D

·
Registered
803 Posts
Im still waitng for you to put you and your daughter into a visual on the mugshot page lol ;)

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well Jazz & Eagle's egg hatched on the 25th like i expected and Morning Mist & Black Eagles egg has started to hatch, should here tonight or tomorrow :) Sugar cream & Hawks little one is getting big already at 3 days old..will have pic's soon..

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
well Jazz & Eagle's egg hatched on the 25th like i expected and Morning Mist & Black Eagles egg has started to hatch, should here tonight or tomorrow :) Sugar cream & Hawks little one is getting big already at 3 days old..will have pic's soon..
Make sure you're ready to band them around five days. I've found that homers can outgrow that "banding window" between days six and eight.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Make sure you're ready to band them around five days. I've found that homers can outgrow that "banding window" between days six and eight.
thanks i was looking at 6 days but being they are single squabs i think 5 because the one is getting big already..thanks

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
thanks i was looking at 6 days but being they are single squabs i think 5 because the one is getting big already..thanks
I was used to banding my birds at seven days. I had a pair of squabs this summer that I banded at five days because we were going away for three days over 4th of July weekend. When I got back, one of them had given its band the slip. With a lot of effort, and a generous helping of baby oil, I was able to band it at eight days. It would have been a lot easier if I was just here on the sixth or seventh day. :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts