Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-

I've just been contacted by San Jose Animal Control Services about a pigeon they got in on Friday that is "unable to fly, has a possible leg injury, is stable and needs to be picked up today or tomorrow" (A# 682084). I have no other information.

This is the message I've been dreading having to post. MickaCoo is overfull and I am WAY over capacity with what I can do and so have the sad responsibility of turning down this request to help a pigeon in distress.

I will be posting this on Pigeon Talk and Facebook but other than that can offer no help.

It is likely that this bird will be euthanized.

If YOU want to help it, please contact SJACS' Joanne at (408) 794-7207.

Thank you.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
I know someone...I'll send them an email.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Sorry...no.

Birdmomforever is in San Jose.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I can take it for now and rehab if someone can spring it and meet me with it. There's no way I can drive to San Jose and I don't know anyone who is available to drive me there.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Elizabeth, I sent you an e-mail.

Also Mrs. Bird's first parents sent a $100 check to Mickacoo to help out. They can't adopt or foster right now but they are helping how they can. Isn't that wonderful. :)

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
If I am able to be a adoptive parent and after you do your initial care for the birdie that you sprung from jail I would like to adopt that one with Pablo--if this is possible--my application is in with pictures and you should be getting it real soon...c.hert

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Unfortunately I didn't get MJ's PM until this morning. Many thanks to whoever picked this poor pigeon up and got it medical care.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts