Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi to all, I would like to thank everyone here who helped the beginners including me.. This group really gave me a big big help from breeding up to my first ever Young Bird Derby Race, .. Here's the story, I only have one young bird entry, at club trainings, I'm having lots of problems such as not homing faster, one eye cold, 10th flight primary dropped 2 weeks before actual race and many many more.. I never gave up, I just read, read & read everything here that might help me.. Then I felt everything is getting a little bit better every week except for the 10th primary flights because the Derby Race is approaching.. But then, I never loose hope.. First lap, my one and only young bird entry finished 24th at 260 km, flying with about 2 inch 10th primary flights on both wing, Second lap finished 22nd at 335 km flying with almost half grown 10th primary flights.. Third lap, finished 5th at 371 km with almost 3/4 grown 10th primary.. Fourth lap, finished 3rd at 400 km. 10th primaries almost fully grown.. Fifth and final lap, she finished 2nd at 423 km flying with fully grown 10th primary flights. She finished 3rd Overall in Young Bird Category and Won 1st Overall in 5 lap money race in our club including old birds in 5 lap money race.. Again thanks to all of you, for your great advice and for your guidance..

Sincerely,
Kristian de Vera ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, very, very impressive. Nice going!!!

Hugh
Thanks! I just started with a pair of pigeon, and I just decided to try and race the offspring.. I just didn't expect everything, my 3rd Overall pigeon that I'm talking about is my Avatar here.. Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Good job, that is something to proud of anytime, but it is extra special to do it your first year! Sounds like you might have a friend in the person you got that pair from. Good luck this year. Jim

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Very impressive, and congrads.

Tony

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Nice and congrats! I like the historical improvements of that bird's performance. Breed it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts