Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well it's been a few weeks, I've worked them through the traps and today was their first day out! I was so excited. I'm pretty sure they had fun! They wandered around, flew on fences, sorta learned how to fly and land. They don't know how to loft fly yet but I'm guessing they're taking their time. They have all the time in the world though :] So happy for them!

Here they are, at the first fence they landed on.

Here's Jessica, Kootie, Gumby, Marley. (Named by my girlfriend so yeah, LOL!) Gumby's a little shy, so he didn't want to pose haha!

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Hey, nice looking birds, and yes they do look like they're having fun to me!!!

Ace

·
Registered
790 Posts
Great name for great looking birds. Are you sure the first one is a hen... Jessica? Marley's name fits cause he has that Irie eye.. LOL

·
Registered
13 Posts
Love the pic! When I was racing pigeons in New Zealand I used to give them names, much to the amusement of my clubmates, and picking the sex of baby pigeons isn't easy. I had a hen called Henry, a good widdowhood cock called Molly, it was fun..............!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great name for great looking birds. Are you sure the first one is a hen... Jessica? Marley's name fits cause he has that Irie eye.. LOL
I'm not really sure if the first one is a hen, we kinda picked that name cause she's a bit smaller than the others. But she was the first one to be a bit friendly to me, she landed on my head for like 5 seconds then flew back to the fence.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
looks like your birds are doing well Kevin! Give them another week and they will get the hang of loft flying. Right now they are just getting used to being outside and testing out how high their wings will let them fly. Once they get that done you'll see them start to make a few rounds and eventually loft fly.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Congrats! They look nice, but those trees scare me. They can serve as ambush spot if you know what I mean. These birds will probably hop on your house roof first, observe, then take off and fly in circle, drop down, rest, then fly again on and off. I like it when that happens unlike they just take off and be gone. Sooner or later they will bypass the house roof and just take off when you open your loft door.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts