Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. Fairly new to this. Have 11 homers I got as chics back in September. Have been loft flying them several days a week, always come home except those lost to hawks. Took a 1 mile down the road today to do my first road drop. Took 5 birds, all paired with mates back in the loft. Released birds. They circled overhead a few seconds then flew in the opposite direction of home. It's now been 3 hours and the sun has gone down, still no birds. What did I do wrong? What's the chances they'll make it home? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Sorry to read about the incident Bman2774.

I free fly my pigeons; so I can relate when birds do not return on time.

There is always a possibility that some pigeons may not return. Since it already past sunset, hopefully they are somewhere safe for the night.

There is a big possibility that many of them will return. Since it is their first time being released so far from the loft, it might take some time for them to locate the loft. I hope you left them out hungry;food is usually the greatest motivator to return home.

I know how excruciating painful it is waiting for pigeons to return to loft. I also wanted to add another thing : "What did I do wrong?"...maybe nothing! It is always a numbers game when you free fly your birds.

I wish you the Best of Luck and hope that your birds will return safely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts