Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my first round and I am so lost. I have some white homers that were born last year and were NOT banded. This was my fault... Fast forward to a week ago, I have some that have paired up, laid eggs, and have attempted to record keep. Since they are all white, I can't tell who is who and have been counting on timing to figure out which one is the hen and which one is the cock.

I went out earlier and took note of who was incubating the eggs around noon and entered it into my pigeon planner. I went back out a few minutes ago and one of them switch shifts but the other one is the same cock that was on it earlier! Does this mean the hen rejected it? Or does this happen?

2nd question, those that have white homers, how do you tell them apart? Do you put another ez clip band on to differentiate?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's genius! I just put in my order for pink and dark blue. As for the male sitting and hens, so it IS possible that the cock can sit on the eggs more than the hens? This is more for my own record keeping and I hate to keep picking them up and checking to see which bird is the male/hen and their band number. Does that make any sense?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help with this. Im going to get some party hair dye and spray their tail, regroup, and do this in a few days when the bands are in. I'd hate to keep bothering them while they're sitting on the eggs.

This should be ok, right? I remember seeing a roller fancier spraying them with the temp hair dye so he can see which bird is doing the flips. I could spray them and when they are out of the nest take note and then when it's all said let them bathe.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts