Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I feed one fish oil capsule , 500mg, it's clear , I can see the oil , to my high flyers and racers before flight ? Will that help them fly more time ? And it's really hot out here this time of the year +100 degrees .. I want to try this in a morning , please advise and comment

·
Registered
678 Posts
Can I feed one fish oil capsule , 500mg, it's clear , I can see the oil , to my high flyers and racers before flight ? Will that help them fly more time ? And it's really hot out here this time of the year +100 degrees .. I want to try this in a morning , please advise and comment
If it disolves, I would recommend adding it to the water. 1 capsule dosage might be to much for one pigeon. I know that adding pure fish oil to the feed is good and effective.

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
The caps. Are good because you do not need to use a dropper and get oil on your self. Far as flying more YTou have to see. And giving before flight You would need to weight a hour or two. to see results. Is this cod liver oil caps. DO not add it to the water feed would be better but individual dosewith caps.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have given sick birds 1 500 mg cod liver oil gel gap. Works wonders. If you add it to the water, it gets the birds head oily.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Some just oil the seed with it. Oil doesn't mix in water. It floats on the top. :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts